If you make this Garlic Bread once you will probably keep some in the freezer, ready to go from then on.
These are your ingredients. Butter, garlic, grated parmesan cheese, dried basil and olive oil. Our pinch of salt didn’t make it into the pic, but, is a part of the action.
Peel and chop the garlic. Then sprinkle a pinch of salt on it and squash it with the side of your knife to make the pieces smaller. The salt will absorb the juices and add to the flavor of the finished product
Smear it on the bread, or breads, of your choice to create your garlic bread. We have here some slices of gluten free for Gammy, some chunks of ciabatta and some slices of a baguette that we had in the freezer.
And save the rest of the garlic bread in plastic bags in the freezer so you can have your garlic bread even on those busy weeknights. It goes great just about anything. But, of course especially good with our Italian recipes.
- 12-15 slices bread or chunks. Whatever you want.
- 1/4 lb. butter
- 6-8 cloves garlic, chopped then mashed
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 level tbsp. dried basil
- Cut the butter up into chunks and smear it around a little. Peel and chop up the garlic then sprinkle a little salt on it and mash it with the side of your knife to make the pieces smaller.
- With a butter knife mix the butter, garlic, cheese and basil together then form a kinda lagoon for the shot of olive oil then mix the oil in until it's all smooth.
- Smear it on the bread, or breads, of your choice. Toast up what you are going to use for the pending meal and put the rest into plastic bags and store them in the freezer.